The Certa ProPainters (corporate) business model is focused, in my opinion, on one thing: Make money. And they do. At the expense of customers and franchisees.
I am a former Certapro Painters franchisee who, like probably hundreds of others, suffered severe financial loss. Like possibly hundreds of others experienced the Certapro Painters franchisee failure rate which, I believe, may be 90% or more.
Their marketing wants you to believe they're an experienced, reliable, trustworthy painting company offering quality work. Yet they have advertised their franchises saying, "No experience necessary". Their model also includes hiring subcontractors to do the work. Those subcontractors may be paid only 50% or so of the cost of the job. And whether or not those subcontractors provide quality work is, in my opinion and experience, dubious at best. Certapro franchisees may also avail themselves of illegal immigrant labor, perhaps because they know undocumented workers are not going to complain to any authority and may very will work long hours for less. And Certapro may not cover them with workers' comp. coverage or liability insurance.
Why would you hire a painting company which sells franchises with "no experience necessary", which may use poorly skilled subcontractors, and whose costs may be higher because they must pay royalty and other fees to the franchise?
When Certapro franchisees fail, they may be forced to sign a gag agreement forbidding them from saying anything negative about Certapro.
In my opinion, go for an established, independent, local painter who has references.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- In my opinion - fraud
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Certapro Painters should stop selling franchises
- Product or service
- Certapro Painters Franchise A Recipe For Failure
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "We live in a mobile home so finding someone to install or repair anything is a nightmare. We were pressured into the buy. We were told it would not only..."
- "I was very disappointed with this company. We had a main water line break which we could only hear and not see so it was required for us to hire..."
- "First of all, there in not enough room on the online form to finish a complaint. This is not my first letter to Delta regarding poor quality of service. It seems..."
- "Sooo True. They Did Me The Same Way. I Ordered From Them TWICE, Thinking That The Second Order Would Be Different From The First. I Had The Same Problem ...They..."
- "I want to commend the manager of the Ryan's in Rome, Georgia. The Ryan's in Gardendale, AL closed and 2 flags from the Veterans Honor Room were sent..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."