The Certa ProPainters (corporate) business model is focused, in my opinion, on one thing: Make money. And they do. At the expense of customers and franchisees.
I am a former Certapro Painters franchisee who, like probably hundreds of others, suffered severe financial loss. Like possibly hundreds of others experienced the Certapro Painters franchisee failure rate which, I believe, may be 90% or more.
Their marketing wants you to believe they're an experienced, reliable, trustworthy painting company offering quality work. Yet they have advertised their franchises saying, "No experience necessary". Their model also includes hiring subcontractors to do the work. Those subcontractors may be paid only 50% or so of the cost of the job. And whether or not those subcontractors provide quality work is, in my opinion and experience, dubious at best. Certapro franchisees may also avail themselves of illegal immigrant labor, perhaps because they know undocumented workers are not going to complain to any authority and may very will work long hours for less. And Certapro may not cover them with workers' comp. coverage or liability insurance.
Why would you hire a painting company which sells franchises with "no experience necessary", which may use poorly skilled subcontractors, and whose costs may be higher because they must pay royalty and other fees to the franchise?
When Certapro franchisees fail, they may be forced to sign a gag agreement forbidding them from saying anything negative about Certapro.
In my opinion, go for an established, independent, local painter who has references.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- In my opinion - fraud
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Certapro Painters should stop selling franchises
- Product or service
- Certapro Painters Franchise A Recipe For Failure
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "On December 4, 2014, we signed a purchase order with 50 Floor to remove existing hardwood floors and carpet in our home and to install new hardwood based on the..."
- "Window World thied to put my NEW replacement windows in my brick house cut out 4 windows put up wood and didnt seal or clean up I had to sealand..."
- "I was very disappointed with this company. We had a main water line break which we could only hear and not see so it was required for us to hire..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "$99 Brake Job?? Forget about it !! Classic auto repair scam artists, bait & switch...they tear down your wheels/brakes, THEN start claiming all these things that are wrong....hey,..."
- "Back on September 9, 2015 I was hit head on by a gecio insurance customer. Here it is 11 months later my medical bills haven't been paid, my..."
- "Sooo True. They Did Me The Same Way. I Ordered From Them TWICE, Thinking That The Second Order Would Be Different From The First. I Had The Same Problem ...They..."