The Certa ProPainters (corporate) business model is focused, in my opinion, on one thing: Make money. And they do. At the expense of customers and franchisees.
I am a former Certapro Painters franchisee who, like probably hundreds of others, suffered severe financial loss. Like possibly hundreds of others experienced the Certapro Painters franchisee failure rate which, I believe, may be 90% or more.
Their marketing wants you to believe they're an experienced, reliable, trustworthy painting company offering quality work. Yet they have advertised their franchises saying, "No experience necessary". Their model also includes hiring subcontractors to do the work. Those subcontractors may be paid only 50% or so of the cost of the job. And whether or not those subcontractors provide quality work is, in my opinion and experience, dubious at best. Certapro franchisees may also avail themselves of illegal immigrant labor, perhaps because they know undocumented workers are not going to complain to any authority and may very will work long hours for less. And Certapro may not cover them with workers' comp. coverage or liability insurance.
Why would you hire a painting company which sells franchises with "no experience necessary", which may use poorly skilled subcontractors, and whose costs may be higher because they must pay royalty and other fees to the franchise?
When Certapro franchisees fail, they may be forced to sign a gag agreement forbidding them from saying anything negative about Certapro.
In my opinion, go for an established, independent, local painter who has references.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- In my opinion - fraud
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Certapro Painters should stop selling franchises
- Product or service
- Certapro Painters Franchise A Recipe For Failure
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "A&E notes While I have my service contract through Sears it is A&E that gets sent out. The following is about A&E Service. Notes about Sears visit for washer (2/6/14) around noon. The..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "I want to commend the manager of the Ryan's in Rome, Georgia. The Ryan's in Gardendale, AL closed and 2 flags from the Veterans Honor Room were sent..."
- "Son sent flowers for Mother' Day as usual (39 years) Used Avas for 1st time(and last) . When the box was open, two handfuls of leaves fell out. Brown spots..."
- "Had 27 windows and wraps done on 3.23.16. The job was so bad that an executive named Larry came to the house and assured me it would be fixed right,..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."